Thursday, October 9, 2008


I began my treatment on Tuesday and it really kicked my butt. I had my first shot at my doctor's appointment just in case I had a bad reaction. Luckily that didn't happen; however my blood pressure dropped significantly, so I was there for 45 minutes while we waited for it to rise. On the ride home I got sick - nausea, weak & body aches. The body aches are actually my bones not muscles. The pain is a little worse than the body aches you get from a cold or flu. By the time I got home (20 minutes), I felt miserable. I got something to eat, which helped with the nausea, but the weakness, body aches and chills lasted the rest of the day, all night and through to the morning. The morning was horrible. It was difficult to eat or drink as I was so nauseas. Also, I was trying to make myself presentable, so I was putting on some make-up and even the bones in my face hurt.

Because of my reaction of the first shot, I went to my doctors on Wednesday for the second. Thank goodness my blood pressure did not drop as drastically as the first day, so we were on our way home in about 20 minutes. The ride home was better, but the day was worse than the first day. I was pretty much confined to the couch. I felt like I had been run over by a cement truck all day and then all of a sudden around 9pm I felt fine. It was strange how fast it happened, but I was very happy. I then felt fine all night and this morning. Yippee! I hope this lasts all day.

Due to my good feeling this morning, I decided that I will not go to my doctors for today's shot and will give it to myself. I am going to give it at night before I go to bed. My hope is that I will sleep through all the nasty stuff and wake up feeling good.

I'll let you know tomorrow.


Anonymous said...

Hang in there Tina. You're doing great! We're praying for you. You really are very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you felt better today ... I could hear the difference in your voice. If you need me tomorrow, call me!

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear how you are tackling this from all angles. I hope the treatments get better. Let us know if we can do anything for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it was so hard initially, but hopefully, this last one is a sign of things to come. Glad you were able to feel good for a while at least and praying that it continues getting a little better each time.