Saturday, August 14, 2010

Resting at Home

Finally made it home Friday morning.  I needed to stay 2 additional nights as the surgery was more than expected.  The tumor had grown and had spread down a blood vessel, so the doc had to cut me open on my lower right abdominal to get everything out. This is in addition to the 3 laproscopic incision that were made on the right side of my stomach.  The pain was a lot to manage, but with everyone's help I made it.  I'm glad to be home.  I just feel better out of the hospital.  Teya was having a hard time and was really crying Thursday night for me to come home.  It was so hard to be stuck in a bed and not be able to get to her. 

I was thankful that I was released the next morning.  It took me a few hours to get settled in and I feel much better today.  The downside is that my dad had to leave this morning, but I am thankful that he was able to come during the week.  We had some fun before the surgery and his help was greatly appreciated during and after my surgery.  Kept Teya busy and happy which was less stress for me.  My mom is staying for another week.  Thank Goodness!  I'm going to need her help.  Although I am feeling better at home, I am no where near being independent.  I am currently waiting for her and Teya to return from dropping of my dad at the airport and then out for breaksfast, so I can take a shower.  I'll feel a ton better once I can have running water on me.  I could only have sponge bath's in the hospitals, which helped, but they are nothing like a full shower!

Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me and my family with prayers and well wishes.  It has helped and we will continue to need them as I recover and move into my treatment.  My doctor is currently testing my tumor for a marker and will be talking to the experts down in Tucson.  We will then discuss my treatment options.  I don't know anything about what treatments will be available to me, but when I have some information I will post about them.  I'm a rare case with Melanoma in the Kidney, so I don't know what direction my doctors will recommend.  I'm scared, but ready to continue fighting.

Ok, I'm tired from catching up on FB, so I'm going to relax and I'll post more later.

Again, thanks to everyone!



The Travel Gal XO said...

Tina, you are such a stong woman. I am a friend of your Mom's and just learned that you went back into the hospital again. Keep the faith and we are all here for you in spirit, you are forever in my prayers. God bless ... Vickie Leonard, Grand Blanc, MI

Anonymous said...

Tina, I am so proud of you for being a great fighter with this. The strength you have shown is truly amazing and we love you very much. We will strongly be praying for you.

Carrie Venz