Thursday, September 18, 2008

More good days

The pain is decreasing a little everyday and yesterday I spent most of the day off of the couch. I was sore later in the evening, but it felt good to be on my feet. Teya also noticed that I was doing better. When she got home from school she said "Mommy you are walking faster!". She is very observant and too darn cute! This morning, I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she said "But you can't make it, right?". I told her I could and she said "Yea!". She is a great cheerleader.

We had a great visit with my cousin, Samantha, yesterday who just started college at ASU. She is attending the nursing school and is at the downtown Phoenix campus. She enjoyed being away from the dorm and having a home cooked meal. Her family is in Michigan, so she is overcoming her home-sickness. She is a strong gal and I think she will do great. Hopefully we will see her often. She plays volley ball, so maybe she will come and play with us sometime. She is an indoor player, but we may be able to convert her :)

Todd and my mom have continued to be great nurses/aides. My mom is learning all about organic food and how to prepare it. She is doing great. She also has found her way around Trader Joes and Whole Foods. My house is cleaner than it has probably ever been on a daily basis. Nothing but clean air and germ free surfaces around here. Not sure what we are going to do when she leaves on Saturday. She has taken care of grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry and taking care of Teya and I. What a blessing it has been that she was able to be here.

My follow up appointment with my surgeon will not be for at least another week. Until then, & for hopefully only a short time after, I am limited to lifting no more than 5 lbs and no strenuous activity. Until I am off my pain meds, I am unable to drive and I am doing breathing treatments to open my lung and increase air capacity back to normal as well as to prevent pneumonia.

Next week, I have an appointment with my Oncologist on Tuesday and during that visit we will discuss my upcoming treatment, which I will begin in early October.

My recovery is going great and I look forward to being more active and beginning my treatment.


Anonymous said...

Hi Tina Jo!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I really enjoy reading about your latest progress - thanks for the blog!

We may need your cousin to sub for our volleyball team, now that CB has decided to join a 1/2 marathon training group that happens to meet the next 4 Wed nights!

The Dirty Diggin Dawgs miss you and we will definitely save you a spot on our team until you are able to play again.

OceanDesert said...

HOOOO-Raaaaay for clean air and germ-free surfaces!!! So glad to hear you're feeling better every day!

Anonymous said...

Can we borrow your mom? :) I'm so glad she's been there to help out...I'm sure it's hard to see her go.

Teya sounds so grown-up and of course, so darn cute, too!!! Hopefully, she'll let you rest a little and the rest of the time give you lots of hugs, kisses and smiles to make the time fly.

So glad to hear you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're up and movin' around more. Nice to see the daily progress - next thing you know, you'll be running that marathon with CB! Definitely tell your cousin to contact me if she has any nursing questions or needs some hospital contacts.

Unknown said...

I don't know you but went to high school with Todd. Best of luck to you. I am going to set up an appointment to get myself checked thanks to your blog.

Anonymous said...

I just figured out how to leave a thought for you!! (I'm not too good at this blog - thing.) John, Lauren, and I have been reading your daily progress and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. It's so good to see you "blogging" again and feeling better. Keep the focus - you are doing great.